Owner and Trainer
40+ years experience
Teach your dog to hold point and back/honor
Teach your dog to retrieve
Teach your dog to hold point to wing & shot
Teach your dog to find and flush
We specialize in the training of pointing and flushing breeds
As a dog trainer and bird hunting enthusiast I believe:
It’s important to pass on lessons learned to every future dog trainer, so that they may experience success with their dogs and the enjoyment of bird hunting in general.
- The thrill of the hunt has everything to do with the dog work and very little to do with the kill.
- My dogs will be well mannered at home and in the field.
- Well mannered dogs reflect the best of their breed.
- We hunt not for quantity, but rather for the opportunity to enjoy great dog work, and the general love of the sport with like minded friends.
- A good bird dog is a gift. Even if no birds are taken, you get to go home with your best friend.
- Training done with a strategic soft touch goes a long way to preserve the best of our dogs.
- Competition is a good way to challenge us as dog trainers, but shall not be used solely to gauge success as a trainer.
- A good bird dog deserves a hot shower after a hard day of work, and can sleep on the bed if he wants.
- One on One training for you and your pup $75 per hour plus the cost of game birds.
Teach your dog to swim and retrieve from water
Retrieve, retrieve, retrieve!
Teaching the owners in a one on one to work with their own dogs. Tig is learning to be steady on point..
CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK
BAXTER'S BIRD DOGS
Specialize in training of all hunting breeds.
We will be at the 2020 Spokane Big Horn Show March 19-22, hope to see you there!
We are currently taking reservations for our 2020 spring/summer class! Filling Fast!